Youth Creates presents the opportunity to compete in this event. Winning entries will be awarded cash prizes, announced at www.youthcreates.com, and selected entries will be published on youthcreates.com.
Entries are open to different age groups, ranging from kindergarten to high school students, and the categories include poetry, fiction, non-fiction as well as story writing.
By submitting to the Contest, the entrant agrees to abide by all Contest rules.
- All entries must be original works by the entrant, in English. Plagiarism, which includes the use of third-party poetry, song lyrics, characters or another person’s universe, without written permission, will result in disqualification. Excessive violence or sex, determined by the judges, will result in disqualification. Entries may not have been previously published in professional media.
- To be eligible, entries must be works of prose, up to 3,000 words in length.
- Each contestant may submit only one manuscript.
- Please include in your submission your grade, full legal name, a brief biography, and an optional headshot. The entries will be grouped into elementary school, middle school, and high school levels and judged accordingly.
- All entries are final. No revisions are accepted.
- Entries will be judged by Youth Creates volunteers. The decisions of the judges are entirely their own and are final and binding.
- Winners will be individually notified of the results by e-mail. An Amazon gift card will be rewarded to winners.
- Selected work will be posted on the Youth Creates website in the writing section.
- Only an electronic version of writings is accepted. Send your entry in PDF format to email@example.com with a subject “Writing Contest”
- This contest will run from February 24, 2019, through April 15, 2019. Deadline is 11:59 p.m. April 15, 2019, Mountain Time.
- The contest is FREE with NO entry fee!